Tuesday, June 29, 2004

The Civic Inrun

Event dated 24th June, 2004.

A usual day after sending my girl to work. Getting home back on the good old, peaceful KJE. A pretty nice stretch of road to full throttle your gadget.

I was doing my usual 130 and I saw this Civic closing in behind me. Being a safe and courteous rider, I signalled out to the 2nd lane. The Civic(VTi) didn't overtake, but slowly closing in to my side. I was just wondering if he was gonna speed up. Cars began to appear infront of me as I close in to a denser traffic of the stretch.

Just to make sure if the Civic's gonna move on or stay behind me, I left my signals triggered. Seems that the Civic intends to stay behind, thought he would just cut me out, maybe he's just being kind. I maxxed out at 140 and went back to the 1st lane infront of the Civic to avoid the traffic. Somehow the Civic has intention to outrun me as it's closing in on my ass. I thought that was kinda provocative, wondering why didn't he just cut me off earlier.

I went out back to the 2nd lane again, and somehow the Civic took it's own sweet time to overtake. Just wondering if the driver knew I'm maxxing out and doing on purpose to overtake me slowly. After it passed me, I went back right behind it, trying to get into the slipstream. At about 140+, tailgating the Civic for quite some time, my engine lost the torque to move on, not even the slipstream could help. The Civic is slowly pulling away.

I thought by this time, any driver who have got his ass tailgated would slam the throttle and pull away. My guess is... He maxxed out as well, faster than me by a margin. A new finding. No shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home