Thursday, June 08, 2006

The Katana

"Katana?? Huh? What Katana? Ooh.. The new cub introduced by Suzuki is it... 125 cc right?", "Katana, the flip up head light one is it? Retro man!", "The sword..?"

It's the Suzuki K1 GSX 750 F, Katana. I'm not surprised that not alot of people know about this bike, because even I myself have not seen this bike alot of times. At most 3 times on the road including my own. The weak popularity is understandable; less power compared to the pure breed sport bikes, heavy chassis, and less-slick appearance.



Performance wise, I'm happy. The Katana has always been put in competition with the well-known Honda VFR series in the western countries, and since VFR came out with the 800 cc versions, I realise it didn't seem to outperform the katana alot. And ofcourse, the Katana doesn't have the fuel saving feature like VTEC, neither a fuel-injection system, definitely incomparable interms of looks, design and cosmetic aspects. But I guess I have to be contented with an old bike. In comparison, the torque comes in much earlier than the VFR and without the sudden dipping of the VTEC effect. The Katana also has a 4-way adjustable front rebound, fully adjustable rear compression and preload, 4 way rebound compression, that just consoles me abit for having a not-so-good-looking bike. Haha...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home