Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The State of Mentality

Kudos to the one whom I saw today. Wearing a fullface helmet, black leather gloves, jacket and pants. Riding a vintage vespa, ET. Man... It's so cool. Sometimes, aesthetic appeal is in the eyes of beholder. He's the ultimate icon to me.

Spider Sense
I mean... instincts to detecting danger. Everyone has it. You and me. Unless you lack of the simplest analytical skills to decipher logic. Almost anyone has the juice to perceive, analyse, decide and act, it's a matter of path you choose to make things happen.

"Approaching the end of slip road into the expressway, as I sneak into the side mirrors, the coast appears clear but a sense of doubted danger tinges in my heart. Should I, or should I not, lift my head over the shoulder to check my blind spot? Most of the time, nothing stays in the blind spot for too long... Though prickling, but the assumption was that nothing should happen. I've always been checking the blind spot, but nothing ever appeared."

The machine swerves out of alignment from the slip road with the slightest adjustment from the weight shifting."

*BAAA BAAA!* -Car horns-

The motorcycle scraped the side of the car's bumper. And the rider had a scare of his life.

I believe this appears nostalgic to you. Besides, this is only one of many examples to encountering riding dangers from ignorance. Did you ever overtake that big lorry infront of you at speed of sound despite you anticipating that a vehicle hiding infront of it might dash out from your blocked vision?

I merely broke down the lightning fast thoughts that went through that everyday rider's mind. Do you really want to ignore that danger instinct in you and take the chance? I myself admit to having such ignorance previously, and will probably commit such atrocities again. But I hope I can write this down on this blog to remind myself everytime I make updates, so that I will never take chances. Never succumb to your ignorance, whatever the reason might be.

You have only one chance to live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home