Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Malaysian and Cub

Event dated 26th June, 2004.

After losing the R6 and vice versa, I found my block clogging up with dirt and dust. It's the sign of oil leak. Dirt from the street accumulates upon sticking wet surface on the engine block.

My key is always coated with oil, thus I'm beginning to suspect somewhere is leaking quite badly and squirting out due to the vibration of the hard throttle. Couldn't care much, have to wait till tomorrow to do a thorough check.

At night, my father decided to make a trip into malaysia to pump some petrol cause he had some errands to run the next morning, and thus needs the petrol. So I followed, as I was running out of petrol too.

It was about 8pm, and there were still long stretches of motorcycle queues at the custom. Mainly Malaysians, going home after work. And hell, they are daredevils with their small cubs. Maybe it's the desire to get home for dinner after a hard day's work. No hard feelings against them and their riding attitudes, but some just puts me off, no excuses for frustrations at work.

One of them screwed up the queue at the custom and knocked into my dad, my dad kinda did it in purpose too, as that guy was going all over the place to get the fastest lane. No hard feelings yet, let the bygones be bygones. He cut into our lane between me and my dad.

By the time I passed out from the checkpoint, I lost my dad. In attempt to catch up with my dad I sped alittle at the causeway. The same malaysian rider who cut our queue appeared again and was kinda speeding as well. Mischievous caught up to me, thought it would be fun to just fool around with that guy abit. I revved up and overtook the cub, but at the same time I saw my dad. I had to jam my wheels to keep in-line with my dad, but my instincts knew it was a bad decision to perform such a maneouvere.

The malaysian hit into me, I can feel the rear wheel lifted but I still kept my balance. I knew something screwed up and I sped up to stop ahead to check if any damage was inflicted on the bike. The cub was nowhere to be found and luckily my bike had no damage. I guess that malaysian guy must had a scare of his life, he should be glad that he crashed into a bike and not a car.

*Cub, general term given to a kind of small bike when Honda introduced the pre-Wave models known as Honda Cub.

Cubs ranges from 50cc to 125cc, mainly produced by Jap manufacturers. Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home