Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Leaking...

No shit... Oil seal, O-ring, gasket... Everything falling apart... What the hell.

My dad says it's due to prolong mild overheating. Thus melts the oil seal and the rubber at the magnet coil. Went down to Tai Hin, but somehow the X9 owners from SgBikes were visiting. Thus my dad redirected me to my cousin. Changed the oil seals at the gears, but the leak is still significant...

Couldn't figure out what's the problem. On Sunday, we went into Malaysia supposedly for a feast on seafood. But after the 3 hours of riding to Kukup, the leak screwed everything up. My dad lost his mood and appetite upon to realise that the leak was so serious. We stopped by a small petrol station to buy a 20-50 to fill up for the moment.

Back at home, my dad figured out what actually happened, the gasket had a small leak. Went down to Tai Hin on the next morning to glue up the leak and replace the gasket. Changed a pair of handle grips also... Nice as new now. But it's losing some power due to the engine oil used. Used to have Mobile ONE running the gears, but the Castrol 20-50 pulls a significant drop in the power... Damn sian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home