Sunday, July 18, 2004

Bittersweet Revenge

Event dated 16th July, 2004.
 
Was already running late to meet up with Shix and Weikang for dinner, but I always had this thing against 2B sportsbike (below200 cc, e.g Kawasaki KIPS, Honda CBR150RR, Repsol, Aprilia 125). Came my chance there was this Kawasaki KIPS, raving through the streets of Woodlands neighbourhood. Though not equivalent, inferior I would say, compared to other sportbikes of its class.
 
We both came to a halt at the junction of Woodlands Ave 1 and Ave 2. Infront of us, is a half-mile stretch of open and straight asphalt. The officially known most accident prone road, Woodlands Ave 2.
 
Green. I held my throttle, for I know true riders only unleash on the corners. A high-speed corner is available at end of the stretch leading into the expressway. Considerations of cornering abilities flashed through my mind like a MotoGP deja vu. I knew no phantom is outrunning a sports class in a corner.
 
Just as milliseconds passed, the KIPS roared past from the right. I was 10 metres away from the filter.
 
Brake or not... Brake or not... Brake or not... I saw lights flashed up.
 
Brake... NOT. I full-throttled towards the corner, knowing that I would have no chance of outrunning the KIPS if I braked like he did. My footpeg was grinding the floor at 110 around the corner, and it didn't take more than 3 seconds to tail the KIPS. I tilted to the outerline and overtook the KIPS. In a glimpse, the KIPS had alittle astonishment by the overtaking.
 
My revenge since the earlier days being outran by these bikes on the straight. Some say I should have gotten a sportsbike... But sportsbike just isn't my cup of tea, plus, they look damn off. They're all over the streets, especially owned by ah bengs. I hate stereotyping, and I hate being stereotyped.

1 Comments:

Blogger 45 said...

Hahaha.. I'm actually a safe rider... Serious. Only when I'm in bad mood or someone dangers my life then I chiong... Some drivers in their MPVs and SUVs really drive like shit... I mean some riders also... Not me definitely.. haha

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home