Thursday, July 15, 2004

I Lost

Dear readers, I'm not almighty and there are times that I DO LOSE. Or outran by fellow motorcyclists or drivers.

Events dated at least 8 months ago.

1. Kawasaki 150
I'm not exactly sure that model is, but the engine makes use of the Kawasaki Integrated Power System(KIPS)(?). Not sure of the definition. Anyway, yeah. It's quite a fast bike. I thought I could have outran it when I was travelling at 130+. I think the rider let it on purpose for me to overtake it, and overtook me from the back after it slowed down. Pretty impressive for a 150cc. I guess it had the same engine to that of a Kawasaki KIPS sports bike. It's not sold in Singapore i think, it was Malaysia registered.

2. Pan European
One of my favourite bikes, the Honda Pan European ST1100 touring bike. It has a pretty large frame. Also if i'm not wrong, a V4 DOHC engine, 1100cc. It was down from Thomson Road all the way reaching Marymount. Despite its heavy body, the rider was skilled enough to manoeuvre it in and out of the dense traffic. It didn't take long for him to shake me off its tails. I got no idea in the first place why I went after him... Haha. I just want to take more glances at my beloved bike.

3. Aprilia 125
Cut it short, BKE. I was chasing this Aprilia 125 from the back. When the rider began to sense my presence, it full-throttled and left me in smoke. I think the rider un-restricted the power valve... Thus unsealed the power band in higher rpms.

4. Nissan Cefiro
It was a downhiller from the BKE speed cam spot. Right after the Speed cam, the Cefiro flashed at me. Ofcourse being the normal me, I would step up the gas and throw the vehicle away. The Cefiro ofcourse managed to keep and tailgate me. I moved out to the slower lane and got back right on its ass after it overtook me. I flashed back at the Cefiro. The Cefiro pulled away... I think it was at least at 160.

5. Mercedes E200 Kompressor
All I can say about this car is, fast. It was at the exit from BKE Woodlands into Diary Farm Road. I exited the corner at 120 and went past the Mercs which was moving off from idling at green light. The mercs didn't take more than 15 secs to appear in my mirrors and stayed in it. And just as I was about to think if it runs, it overtook me and left me out of sights. Estimated at 180 when it left my sight. I don't mind having a Mercs next time... Haha.

That's all for now. I will put up more if I can think of or if I happen to be outran. : ) But I guess that's all at the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home