Saturday, July 10, 2004

New Record

Nothing too big a deal actually, but I broke a personal record. It was at the 2 laner Dairy Farm Road(DF) at Bukit Timah road into BKE. I haven't been able to break the 90km/h barrier clearing the corner into the sliproad towards Woodlands BKE from DF. But I did it today.

Hardcore riders may think this is nothing, and with a bike like Super 4 is enough to do any 100s into a filter-like corner. But mine is a phantom... Kinda happy at this achievement... LoL. Sorry to the fellow riders if I made a big fuss out of it.

The weather is kinda good. I came down 130+ from the long stretch of usually mobile-cams infested DF Road. Upon reaching the split into the sliproad, I setup my position to the far right of the 2 lanes. Going left. At about 10m away from the turning-line, I heated up the brakes, the bike was slowed down to a 90. Braking-shifted the bike from the 6th to the 4th gear. Tilting the body in a fast maneouvere, crouching to allow better aerodynamics, knee down to act like a racer... It hasn't been so perfect for a long time. Little turning angle was wasted at the weight shift, as I see myself sliding across the apex of the curve, I knew it was the time for my right hand to do some work.

The throttle grip was twisted to the lock, ecstacy of the roar from engine at 4th gear was never felt before at this corner. At the exit of the corner, I saw my speedo hitting about 110. I knew I broke new grounds. The line taken was perfect, so was the weight shifting.

By the time I emerged from the slope, I was at about 120. Charging down at about 140. This is the first time I hit above 140 ever since the change of engine oil. Probably due to the wear of the oil. The weather felt really good today, there was little wind against me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home